Rates and availibility
The Hippolyte chalet will not be available for summer 2021, major renovations are underway, we will be happy to welcome you in summer 2022!
To book this cottage, do it here
They are based on supply and demand and seasons.
- Taxes are included in the rates
- $ 95 cleaning fee applies
- A minimum of 2 nights is required to reserve this cottage
- This unit can accommodate 7 people
- Child under 3 years free
- This accommodation is not available for rent during the winter period
Season – summer – 6 nights minimum
May 1 to September 12
- Price 6 nights: $ 1800
September 13 to December 18
- Weekend price:: $ 500
- Price 6 nights: $ 1350
- 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed
- 1 bedroom with 2 single bed
- 1 living room with a couch (playroom)
- 1 bar with chairs
- 1 fully equipped kitchen and dining room open area
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 1 living room with L-shaped sofa for 6 people
- 1 wired wall mounted TV
- 1 deck with a BBQ, table, chairs (6) overlooking the lake
- 1 master bedroom with king bed
- 1 bed for a baby (under 3 years old)
- 1 balcony with lake view, table and chairs (2 persons)
- 1 bathroom with corner bath overlooking the lake
- Fully equipped kitchen (cookware, dishes, utensils, matching glasses, 1 electric fondue stove, coffeemaker, condiments provided).
- Filter coffee maker
- Cleaning products provided for the duration of the stay (dish Soap, All Purpose Cleaner and Hand Soap)
- Sanitary paper provided for the beginning of the stay
- Bedding / towels provided
- Washer / dryer, soap not provided
- Air dryer
- Dishwasher, soap not provided
- Internet WI-FI
- TV with cable
- Indoor propane fireplace
- Terrace with table and chairs for 6 people
- Outdoor fireplace (wood not supplied) with chairs
- 1 bathing dock
Products not provided during the stay
- Washer / dryer, soap not provided
- Soap or tablets for dishwasher not supplied
- Wood for outdoor fireplace not supplied
- On the edge of Lake Hippolyte, private beach
- 25 minutes from the cycle route of blueberries
- 25 minutes from the picturesque village of Saint-Gédéon
- 25 minutes from the beautiful beaches of Saint-Gédéon
- 20 minutes from Mont Lac-Vert ski center
- 30 minutes from the Chicoutimi harbor area
- 30 minutes from Claud de Golf Le Ricochet
- 45 minutes from the historic village of Val-Jalbert
- 1h15 minutes from the wild zoo of Saint-Félicien
- 50% of the cost of the rental is required when booking
- 50% of the balance of the reservation is payable thirty days before the date of the beginning of the stay
- 100% of the total cost, when the reservation is made less than thirty (30) days before the date of the beginning of the stay. A damage deposit of $ 500 is necessary 30 days prior to arrival
- To book this accomodation, contact one of our specialists here
All cancellations must be made in writing and addressed to the rental agency.
If the cancellation notice is received more than thirty (30) days before the start date of the stay, the initial deposit will be retained by the landlord as damages. The security deposit for breakage or damage will be returned.
If the cancellation occurs less than thirty (30) days prior to the date of stay, all sums collected will be retained by the landlord as damages, except the security deposit for breakage or damage which will be returned.
Temporary policy in the event of force majeure and Coronavirus (Covid-19)
In the current situation, we have relaxed our usual cancellation policies to give you as much flexibility as possible with your stay. We want you to enjoy your stay up to your expectations! When canceling a reservation, travelers have various cancellation and refund options and the agency reserves the right to analyze each of the reservations on a case-by-case basis, at the time the cancellation is made and more. government recommendations.
If you are eligible, we will issue a full refund or issue a travel credit including all service charges for covered cancellations. To be able to cancel under this policy, you will have to attest to the facts or provide documents justifying that your request is eligible for a case of force majeure. Cancellations are processed based on force majeure coverage in effect at the time of the request, and reservations already canceled will not be reassessed.
When a reservation has already started (the arrival date has passed), this case of force majeure does not apply.
Death of a traveler, additional traveler, close relative or caregiver. You will need to provide one of the following documents:
- Death certificate
- The obituary
- The obituary naming the deceased
- A police report
- A serious and unexpected illness or injury affecting a person in the traveling party.
Official civic obligations including jury duty, travel restrictions, court appearances or military deployment. You will need to provide a copy of the official notice with the name of the person fulfilling the obligation, dated after the day the reservation was made.
A transportation disruption that makes it impossible to get to your destination, including road closures and flight cancellations, with no other mode of transportation available. This includes closures and cancellations caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes or severe storms. You will need to provide a road closure notice or an airline-issued document confirming the cancellation of your flight. You will also need to provide a supporting document proving the impossibility of reaching your destination.
Train, bus or ferry cancellations without another alternative route on the same day. You will need to provide documentation clearly demonstrating that the carrier was not providing service that day, such as a screenshot of the company’s website or a link to a company statement.
Circumstances requiring special consideration
- No documentation is required in these circumstances, but our team of specialists review each case to confirm that you are directly affected.
- Natural disasters, terrorist activities and civil or political disturbances which prevent a traveler from reaching or leaving a destination, or which make it unsafe to receive travelers.
- An epidemic or disease that suddenly affects an area or affects a whole group of people. This excludes existing diseases associated with a region, such as malaria in Thailand or dengue in Hawaii. Changes in our policy following the onset of an epidemic, and changes in the scope of this policy, are decided based on announcements from the World Health Organization and the local authorities concerned.
- Travel restrictions imposed by a government, civilian legislative body or the military that restrict travel to or from the accommodation or location of the experience.
- Interruptions to essential public services affecting the location of the accommodation or the location of the experience.
- Changes in visa or passport conditions making it impossible to reach the travel destination. This excludes the loss or expiration of travel documents.
The next step
If the following conditions apply to your situation, first contact one of our professionals. If your reservation meets the criteria for force majeure, it will be eligible for cancellation without penalty. If you are a traveler, you will receive a full refund.
Official site of the Government of Quebec
Quebec Tourism Industry Alliance
Self-care guide, to protect your health and the health of others
Arrival is after 16 hours and departure before 11 hours. To change your time of arrival or departure, you must contact the agency at least 2 days before arrival, we will do our best to assist you.
Instructions to follow for a successful stay
- As we need time to prepare the residence for the next visitors, we ask you to leave the property before 11h00.
- Pets are not admitted unless previously arranged with the management.
- No smoking inside.
- It is forbidden to keep noise after 11pm. Failure to comply will incur a 50$ charge on your security deposit.
- Please close all windows, switch off all lights and electrical appliances before leaving.
- Before your departure, please place used sheets in the upstairs bathroom near the laundry room and place towels in the bath.
- Before leaving, please set thermostats to 18 during the winter and 5 during the summer.
- If you use firewood, please replace it in the wood container before leaving.
- Please wash the BBQ and your dishes before leaving.
- Please take out all garbage or items for recovery and drop them off in the containers and drop them off about 1 km outside the path ob the left when you leave. Otherwise, a fee of $ 50 will be withheld from the security deposit.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy otherwise 25$ will be deducted from your credit card.
- No more than the persons allowed may sleep in this property. Failure to comply will result in a charge of 10$ per person per day on your secure deposit.
- In an emergency, you can call one of our agents 24/7 at 418-549-7111or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Snow removal from private or main roads
It is possible that during your stay, a member of our team comes to clear the snow from the galleries or mow the grass, this is normal, we must maintain the premises for your comfort (we try to do it during your absence but in high season , it’s harder). During the winter season, salt and a shovel are at your disposal (container) outside in case of ice, if necessary.
Snow removal from private or main roads
The municipality takes care of the maintenance of the private or public roads of the chalets, not us. In the event of a snowfall or a storm, the snow plows have a lot of work to do since they have to maintain all the roads, in this case, it is impossible for all the roads to be cleared at the same time for all the tenants, usually it is done the same day depending on the amount of snowfall. We ask you to be vigilant and understanding in this regard, do not plan to move in these days if possible (if you can). We suggest that you leave the parking lot clear (your cars must be removed from the path to be cleared), the day before a storm or in the early morning, it is easier for them to work well! Thank you!
Welcome to Lac Hippolyte
Whether you are coming for the first time or are a frequent visitor, we will always be committed to providing you with the best service in a comfortable and personalized atmosphere.
We are at your entire disposal to make your stay as pleasant as possible. On the following pages you will find complete information on the use of the premises.
We hope you find them useful during your stay.
If you need additional information or help planning your trip, get in touch with us!
In order to respect the preparation of the chalet for other visitors, we ask you to leave the chalet around 11 am.
Before arriving at the chalet, we suggest that you do your shopping and shopping, but if you are unable to do so, a small shop is located nearby (Alimentation Larouche). The choice of products is however limited (see list of amenities).
To get wood for the outdoor fire, you can do it at the Lou-Tec store, at 2490 Rue Mercier, Jonquière, QC G7S 0C1, it’s about one kilometer from the chalet, it’s $ 8.99 per bag.
To get to the chalet, from Highway 70 West: if you are arriving from Chicoutimi, take Chemin Hippolyte on the left and if you are arriving from Alma, take the same path on the right. Continue for 2 km then, when you reach the letterboxes, take the left path, the house is just after: 617 chemin du Lac Hippolyte. Link google map : https://goo.gl/maps/MBBvdHChcKs7PSJY8
To retrieve the chalet key, open the box which is located next to the main entrance door. You must open the box (instructions are inside) and enter the entry code that was disclosed to you in the confirmation of your reservation sent by email. It is very important to have this code in hand as soon as you arrive because it may not be possible to assist you immediately with the code at the time of your arrival, it is an autonomous arrival, it is important to have the code on paper or memorize it before your arrival.
Lake Hippolyte is a place where calm reigns most of the time, so we ask you, as far as possible not to disturb this calm too much out of respect for the other inhabitants. Thank you in advance!
Animals are not allowed in our chalet.
Please do not use the fireplace located in the basement, for safety reasons.
Smoking is not allowed inside the chalet.
A first aid kit is available in the bathroom on the ground floor in the cupboard on the right.
Wifi: this is the Bell329 network and the password to access it is 22C746A5.
Additional batteries (for the TV remote control), globes etc … are in the cupboard next to the fridge in the kitchen, if needed.
Please re-stack the outdoor chairs after use to prevent the wind from moving them, and close the
For waste or recovery, we ask you to bring them, on your departure (or during the stay depending on use), in the containers provided for this purpose. The containers are on your way down to join the motorway, they are about 500 meters from the chalet on your left at the bottom of the hill.
For travelers who have booked with the Airbnb platform and have received a confirmation by Airbnb, to learn more about the entry code, you should see the Resources for travelers section in the arrival instructions. Note that on the day of your arrival, Airbnb sends a message concerning the instructions for arrival, the keypad code or the code to open the secure box will be sent to you!
GUIDELINES FOR HOUSING APPLIANCES
– The one on the ground floor: a remote control to turn on the TV and the other to access cable channels.
– The lower one has a DVD player with some DVDs available. One remote control for the TV and the other for the DVD player.
Oven (in degrees Fahrenheit) and hob:
– To bake, press Bake, then indicate the temperature using the arrows, then press start (the rectangle drawing) Example (200 degrees Celsius is equivalent to 400 degrees Fahrenheit). To close, press the x.
– To turn the hood on or to turn on the light above the hobs, slide your hand in the upper part, between the wooden plate and the plastic support and slide the button (s) towards the left.
– For the hotplates, remember to press the knobs before turning them.
– Use the normal program then start, or 1 hour wash if the dishes are not too dirty.
Dryer (tumble dryer):
– Remember to clean the filter inside the machine after each use.
Washer (washing machine):
– Leave the door slightly open to prevent mold growth.
– Please open the gas cylinder valve to use it and then close it after use. If necessary, another gas cylinder can be found outside behind the garage.
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES NEAR THE CHALET
Lac Saint-Jean (beach, camping, hiking, bike rental, etc.). Example: St-Henri de Pointe Taillon.
Mont Lac-Vert recreation center (hiking etc …)
Kayak rental at Baie des Ha! Ha!
Bâteau-mouche or on La Marjolaine (between La Baie, Sainte-Rose-du-Nord, the Saguenay Fjord National Park, L’Anse-Saint-Jean and Tadoussac).
Scullion de L’Ascension Gardens (open-air botanical garden): recently inaugurated the largest coniferous park in the world. Visit by cart or on foot.
Cristal du Lac (interpretation and ore extraction site located in Métabetchouan).
Le trou de la Fée cave: caving, Trails, walks, footbridges clinging to rock capes, discovery of the Métabetchouane river, its waterfalls and waterfalls, remains of a hydroelectric power station and zip lines)
Val-Jalbert: authentic Quebec village from the 1920s.
Many festivals in Saguenay-Lac St-Jean during the summer
AMENITIES CLOSE TO THE CHALET
Food Larouche: 891 Route des Fondateurs, Larouche, QC G0W 1Z0. Hours: 7 am-11pm everyday and 8 am-11pm weekends.
Restaurant Margot: 567 Boulevard du Royaume, Larouche, QC G0W 1Z0. Hours: Possibility to take pizzas.
Proxim St Bruno Pharmacy: 550 Avenue Saint-Alphonse, Saint-Bruno
Fire department: 911
Sûreté du Québec: 418-310-4141
Poison Center: 1-800-463-5060
Electricity (live wire dropped): 1-800-790-2424
Environment and Wildlife: 418-678-3567
City of Saguenay: 418-698-3000
Sail Mercator: 1-888-674-9309
Fjord by kayak: 1-866-725-2925
Fjord National Park: 418-272-1556
Fjord Museum: 418-697-5077
Fjord maritime shuttle: 418-543-7630
Plateaux Equestrian Center: 418-272-3231
Bistro de l’Anse: 418-272-4222
La Pulperie: 418-698-3100
The Air Defense Museum: 418-677-7159
Chicoutimi port area: 418-698-3025
Museum of the Little White House: 418-718-7915
Organisaction (whale watching): 418-579-8763
CEPAQ (outdoors and parks): 1 800 665 6527
Saguenay Adventure Packages: 418-549-8763
Hunting and fishing association: 418-272-2224
**** For more information on activities to do in summer and winter, consult our website at www.monadressealouer.com in the menu at the top right in destination then in tourist attractions.
Property number 299562
An interim classification certificate for the tourist residence category was issued by the Corporation de l’industrie touristique du Québec, providing the client with a reliable portrait of the property to be leased while helping to improve the quality of the accommodation offer . The classification of tourist residences is identified by pictograms ranging from 1 to 5 stars. This classification is in progress.