Availibility and rates
To check availabilities online, click here
An automatic calendar update is available one hour after each new reservation.
To book this cottage, do it here
They are based on supply and demand and seasons.
- Access to the day baths are not included in the rates
- $ 150 housekeeping fee is additionnal
- A minimum of 2 nights is required to reserve this cottage
- The prices are for 12 people
- This chalet can accommodate 12 people maximum
Prices for day baths at the Nordic spa Édouard-les-bains with rental of one or two chalets
- Weekdays: $ 20
- The Weekend: $ 22.50
Season – Winter
December 1 to April 30 – 2 nights minimum
- Weekend price: $ 990
- Price for 7 nights: $ 2800
High season Winter – 7 nights minimum
December 20 to January 5
- Price for 7 nights: $ 3000
February 28 to March 8
- Price for 7 nights: $ 3000
Season – Summer, Autumn
May 1 to october 31 – 2 nights minimum
- Weekend price: $ 770
- 7 nights: $ 2200
Less than 7 nights, $ 60 per person, per night, taxes included, plus $ 150 cleaning fee.
Weekly, $ 45 per person, per night, taxes included, plus $ 150 cleaning fees.
Minimum 7 (people), maximum 12 (may vary in the event of Covid-19, depending on the territory or zone targeted)
- 1 hall with storage space for outdoor equipment, ski etc.
- 1 living room with 2 sofas
- 1 cable TV
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 2 bedrooms with double bunk beds
- heated floors
- 1 kitchen equipped with counter and 6 places
- 1 open concept living room with 1 sofa and 1 armchair
- 1 dining room 10 places maximum
- 1 wood fireplace
- 1 bedroom with king bed
- 1 bathroom with bath and shower (heated floor)
- 1 mezzanine with 2 queen beds
- 1 dresser for storage
- a shower room
Equipment provided and not provided during the stay
- Fully equipped kitchen (cookware, dishes, utensils, matching glasses, 1 gas fondue stove, filter coffee makers and condiments provided).
- Maintenance products provided for the duration of the stay (dish soap, all-purpose cleaner and hand soap)
- Sanitary paper provided for the beginning of the stay
- Bedding / towels provided
- Washer, dryer
- Internet WI-FI
- A central vacuum
Products not provided during the stay
- Washer / dryer, soap not provided
- Soap or tablets for dishwasher not supplied
- Firewood not supplied (you can get it at the intersection of the village at Bonichoix, $ 5 a pack)
- At the foot of the ski slopes (ski-ski out), cross-country skiing and the main lodge
- Steps away from the mountain bike trail, snowshoe trails and ice rink
- Just steps from the municipal swimming pool
- 2 minutes from the Edouard-les-bains SPA
- 10 minutes from the historic village of Anse Saint-Jean
- 10 minutes from the Saguenay Fjord
- 10 minutes from the equestrian center
- 35 minutes from the Nouvelle France site
- 50% of the cost of the rental is required when booking
- 50% of the balance of the reservation is payable thirty days before the date of the beginning of the stay
- 100% of the total cost, when the reservation is made less than thirty (30) days before the date of the beginning of the stay
- A breakage and damage deposit of $ 500 is required 30 days before arrival
- To book this cottage, the required age is 25 years and over
- The reservation can be made by credit card (visa, master, american express)
- To book this cottage, do it here
- Any cancellation must be made in writing and sent to the rental agency.
- If the notice of cancellation is received more than thirty (30) days before the start date of the stay, the initial deposit will be retained by the landlord as damages. The security deposit for breakage or damage will be returned in full.
- If the cancellation is made less than thirty (30) days before the date of stay, all sums collected will be retained by the landlord as damages, except the security deposit for breakage or damage that will be returned.
Temporary policy in the event of force majeure and Coronavirus (Covid-19)
In the current situation, we have relaxed our usual cancellation policies to give you as much flexibility as possible with your stay. We want you to enjoy your stay up to your expectations! When canceling a reservation, travelers have various cancellation and refund options and the agency reserves the right to analyze each reservation on a case-by-case basis, at the time the cancellation is made and more. government recommendations.
If you are eligible, we will issue a full refund or issue a travel credit including all service charges for covered cancellations. To be able to cancel under this policy, you will have to attest to the facts or provide documents justifying that your request is eligible for a case of force majeure. Cancellations are processed based on force majeure coverage in effect at the time of the request, and reservations already canceled will not be reassessed.
When a reservation has already started (the arrival date has passed), this case of force majeure does not apply.
Circumstances requiring supporting documents
Death of a traveler, additional traveler, close relative or caregiver. You will need to provide one of the following documents:
Obituary naming the deceased
A police report
A serious and unexpected illness or injury affecting a person in the traveling party. You will need to provide a medical certificate confirming that this person is unable to travel due to serious injury or unexpected illness. The medical certificate must be provided no later than 14 days after cancellation and dated after booking. At this time, any pre-existing conditions known to the user at the time of booking are not covered by our Force Majeure Policy.
Official civic obligations including jury duty, travel restrictions, court appearances or military deployment. You will need to provide a copy of the official notice with the name of the person fulfilling the obligation, dated after the day the reservation was made.
A transportation disruption that makes it impossible for you to reach your destination, including road closures and flight cancellations, with no other mode of transportation available. This includes closures and cancellations caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes or severe storms. You will need to provide a road closure notice or a document issued by the airline that confirms your flight cancellation. You will also need to provide a supporting document proving the impossibility of reaching your destination.
Train, bus or ferry cancellations without another alternative route on the same day. You will need to provide documents that clearly demonstrate that the carrier was not providing service that day, such as a screenshot of the company’s website or a link to a company statement.
Circumstances requiring special consideration
No documentation is required under these circumstances, but our team of specialists review each case to confirm that you are directly affected.
Natural disasters, terrorist activities and civil or political disturbances which prevent a traveler from reaching or leaving a destination, or which make it unsafe to receive travelers.
An epidemic or disease that suddenly affects an area or affects a whole group of people. This excludes existing diseases associated with a region, such as malaria in Thailand or dengue in Hawaii. Changes in our policy following the onset of an epidemic, and changes in the scope of this policy, are decided based on announcements from the World Health Organization and the local authorities concerned.
Travel restrictions imposed by a government, civilian legislative body or the military that restrict travel to or from the accommodation or location of the experience.
Interruptions to essential public services affecting the location of the accommodation or the location of the experience.
Changes in visa or passport conditions making it impossible to reach the travel destination. This excludes the loss or expiration of travel documents.
The next step
If the following conditions apply to your situation, first contact one of our professionals. If your reservation meets the criteria for force majeure, it will be eligible for cancellation without penalty. If you are a traveler, you will receive a full refund.
Official site of the Government of Quebec
Quebec Tourism Industry Alliance
Self-care guide, to protect your health and the health of others
Arrival is after 16 hours and departure before 11 hours. To change your time of arrival or departure, you must contact the agency at least 2 days before arrival, we will do our best to assist you. A $ 50 fee is applicable for early or late arrival.
Institution number 300086
A provisional classification certificate for the tourist residence category has been issued by the Corporation of the tourism industry of Quebec providing the client with a reliable portrait of the property that will be rented while helping to enhance the quality of the accommodation offer. . The classification of tourist residences is identified by pictograms ranging from 1 to 5 stars. This classification is in progress.
Instructions to follow for a successful stay
- As we need time to prepare the residence for the next visitors, we ask you to leave the property before 11h00.
- Pets are not admitted unless previously arranged with the management.
- No smoking inside.
- It is forbidden to keep noise after 11pm. Failure to comply will incur a 50$ charge on your security deposit.
- Please close all windows, switch off all lights and electrical appliances before leaving.
- Before your departure, please place used sheets in the upstairs bathroom near the laundry room and place towels in the bath.
- Before leaving, please set thermostats to 18 during the winter and 5 during the summer.
- If you use firewood, please replace it in the wood container before leaving.
- Please wash the BBQ and your dishes before leaving.
- Please take out trash and articles for recycling and place them in the containers provided at the end of the road or at the entrance to the village. Failure to comply will incur a 50$ charge on your security deposit.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy otherwise 25$ will be deducted from your credit card.
- No more than the persons allowed may sleep in this property. Failure to comply will result in a charge of 10$ per person per day on your secure deposit.
- In an emergency, you can call one of our agents 24/7 at 418-549-7111or by email at email@example.com
Welcome to the Refuge at the foot of the slopes
Whether you are coming for the first time or are a frequent visitor, we will always be committed to providing you with the best service in a comfortable and personalized atmosphere.
We are at your entire disposal to make your stay as pleasant as possible. On the following pages you will find complete information on the use of the premises.
We hope you find them useful during your stay.
If you need additional information or help planning your trip, get in touch with us!
- In order to respect the preparation of the residences for other visitors, we ask you to leave the chalet before 11 noon.
- The chalet is located at 53-D, chemin de Vébron, Anse Saint-Jean Québec, GOV 1JO. You have to pass the Maison de Vébron and at the intersection of the path turn left. The entry code that was disclosed to you in the confirmation of your reservation sent by email. It is very important to have this code in hand as soon as you arrive because it may not be possible to assist you immediately with the code at the time of your arrival, it is an autonomous arrival, it is important to have the code on paper or memorize it before your arrival.
- On arrival you can park in front of the chalet, no more than 2 cars can park in front of the chalet, if you have more than 2 cars, please park in the main parking lot of the ski center.
- In the inside frame of the shed door, there is a key (on a nail), in case you want to use the shed to put your gear. Make sure you put the key back in the same place and leave the door unlocked when you leave.
- For the Internet, the network is DéryTélécom 80202745 and the password: neve7539
- Animals are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors.
- We ask that you be respectful of the neighborhood’s quiet neighborhood and that there are other vacationers and permanent residents in the area. Keep your voices low before 7 a.m. after 11 p.m., especially if you’re outside. For non-compliance with its instructions, almonds of up to $ 50 will be withheld from the security deposit.
- First aid equipment is at your disposal in the bathroom in the basement in the vanity drawer.
- It is forbidden to leave your bins outside and do not forget, when you leave, to put your waste in the collective area provided for this purpose (collection in the blue bins) at the end of the path if you continue straight ahead. leaving the chalet (200 meters). For non-compliance with its instructions, almonds of up to $ 50 will be withheld from the security deposit.
- To reach the SPA Nordique Édouard les Bains, you exit the chalet and at the end of the street, turn left, you go up the street and it will take you to the SPA (up the hill). Access to the ski center is from the back of the chalet, you reach the slopes directly!
- For opening hours and hours of the spa, please consult the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/piededouard/
- By renting a chalet from My address for rent, you are entitled to a 50% discount on day, week and weekend baths! Please come to reception, mentioning that you are from My rental address.
Use of equipment
- We have a Nespresso machine, it is at your disposal but please provide the cups if necessary. However, we have a filter coffee machine at your disposal for the duration of your stay.
- If you want to operate the oven hood, it is best to have the wood-burning fireplace carefully turned off as there may be smoke inside.
- There is a DVD available for your use in the basement below the television.
- For wood for the fireplace, you can get it at the intersection of the village at Pétro Canada (BoniChoix grocery store). Wood on site is strictly reserved for the owners of the chalet, you must provide your own firewood.
- Close the televisions when you leave, Thank you!
- Schedule of the Mont-Édouard recreation center
- Ski and summer season, please consult the following internet link for information and activities to do: https://www.facebook.com/MontEdouard/
- Please note that the municipal swimming pool is open to the public from July 3, opening hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Sunday until August 29 with lifeguard service. The chalet is within walking distance of the municipal swimming pool of Mont-Édouard, here is the link for info: http://tourisme.lanse-saint-jean.ca/p Piscine-municipale-du-mont-edouard/
- The cost is $ 4 for an adult and $ 3 for children aged 7 to 14. The hat is compulsory. The swimming pool is on your arrival at the foot of the mountain on your right. A large parking lot is available on the left.
*** To see if there are open or closed slopes and the ski slope map, here is the link (recommended);
- Information and suggestions for activities near the site
Fjord by Kayak, 18 minutes.
Mont-Édouard ski resort, in-out ski, on the slopes.
Sailing on the Saguenay Fjord (Mercator sail), 18 minutes.
Between dogs and wolves (dog sledding), 10 minutes.
Fjord and whale watching cruise, 18 minutes
Fjord by kayak, 18 minutes.
Village of L’Anse-Saint-Jean and Fjord, 15 minutes.
Édouard-les-Bains, 5 minutes walk
Zec de l’Anse, 8 minutes.
Plateaux Equestrian Center, 16 minutes.
Nautical Club, 18 minutes.
Chicoutimi port area, 1h 00.
The New France site, 40 minutes.
Fishing, La Baie, 45 minutes.
Fire department: 911
Sûreté du Québec: 418-310-4141
Poison Center: 1-800-463-5060
Electricity (live wire dropped): 1-800-790-2424
Environment and Wildlife: 418-678-3567
SPA Édouard-les-Bains: 418-272-3232
Mont-Édouard ski resort: 418-272-2927
City of Saguenay: 418-698-3000
Sail Mercator: 1-888-674-9309
Entre chien et loup (dog sledding): 418-272-2292
Fjord Snowmobile Club: 418-272-2292
Fjord by kayak: 1-866-725-2925
Fjord National Park: 418-272-1556
Fjord Museum: 418-697-5077
Fjord maritime shuttle: 418-543-7630
Plateaux Equestrian Center: 418-272-3231
Bistro de l’Anse: 418-272-4222
La Pulperie: 418-698-3100
The Air Defense Museum: 418-677-7159
Chicoutimi port area: 418-698-3025
Museum of the Little White House: 418-718-7915
Organisaction (whale watching): 418-579-8763
CEPAQ (outdoors and parks): 1 800 665 6527
Saguenay Adventure Packages: 418-549-8763
Hunting and fishing association: 418-272-2224
**** For more information on activities to do in summer and winter, consult our website at www.monadressealouer.com in destination, Anse Saint-Jean and completely below in tourist attractions!